Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 Can anyone tell me where to get oxygen sensors from..I've looked on the net but cant see any one in the UK who sells them.. are they expensive, how many do I need and are they east to fit?

2 I have a light on my dash contantly on.Its red, in the right hand corner and has what looks like heat haze coming from a zorst box. I think it may mean cat? I dont think it has a cat on it.

3 There is a little button type thing on the auto box selector display consoley thing (sorry) with japanes writing next to it...my g/f's mx5 also has one, slightly different, but again,sprung loaded and with japanese writing next to it....any one know what it is? (Was hoping it was an ejector seat but she was still beside me when I got home.)

i know its a lot of questions but perhaps I can be of help one day
:)
Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Dunno about the light on the dash... a pic would be good.. if it's a rectangular box, with 3 vertical wavy lines... it's the heated rear window warning light.

The button on the shift is the "Hold" button... stops the box from changing up and keeps it in gear, so you can use the shift like a manual..

John

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Ok
Seems like i know something about the 6 that John Don't OMG!!!!!! :).

The litle light is for the heat temp sensor (nothing to do with lamba sensors) that is inserted into the cat, it means the cat is getting to warm, take it out and tie it up somewhere, a lot of Jap cars seem to have this on them our Soarer has it as well and when we where getting the decat done i checked and it makes no idff to the car if it is taken out and tied up.

Andy

NOW I hope everyone reads this post I knew something about this car John didn't @- @-

PPS
the Lamba sensors look in the parts section there are places listed there, and you need 2 one for front pipe and 1 for back.
Fitting hmm front is easy rear 1 is a pain but not to hard

G

·
My 6 is a manual import, but my GT4 has this button with the Jap writing, I too was told that this was a hold button, but it wouldn't work, thought it was faulty, but I work for a japanese company and got one of the japanese too look at the button, and it translates to " shift lock " I too wanted an ejector seat, anyway what its for is when the ignition is off or you can't start the car you can't get it out of park, to tow for example, then you hold this button in with the ignition off and you can move the gear selector to any gear like neutral for example, hence letting you tow the car, or push it around, hope this help you,
cheers
Gman.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Nice one Gman.

bout time you said hello.

;) :tup:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Neilson
Bought my O2 sensors from this site-http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/lambda_sensors.php.
Only 30 plus VAT
Haven't fitted mine yet but looks fairly straight forward.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lambda sensor tester.

Thanks for all the info every one. I recently made a discovery. I was looking for O2 sensors on the internets till some one here mentioned 'lambda' sensors. Wow, theres no end of those!! Duh, didnt realise they were also known as that.
I also found lambda sensor testers. They are only £20 inc p&p so I think I shall get one of those just to be sure. I can then pass it on to any one else who might want to check theirs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts