Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was already the concept. But i like to think this makes our convertible look a little sportier, and ceratinyl gets rid of that whole "looks like a sebring" idea. I know i haven't done this so it's not technically an appearance mod, but i knew you guys would appreciate it. Really gets the wheels turning in my head.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Sweet looking, I like, now the problem would be to actully do it, that would be a PITA to reenforce it

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Who's car did you use to photoshop that. I'm lovin the look of stock body with a lip and slammed to the ground. I don't really like the convertible shot. It makes the car look really long. To each his own...

metros

(edit) That'd be some good weight reduction tho!

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure who's car it is, i have hundreds of pictures saved, so it's hard to keep all of them straight. I agree it would probably never be cost effective, but if i win the lottery..... I was just playing around, looks cool to me though

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
it still looks like a sebring...

lol. :)

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i disagree goatcrapp, but hey to each his own i suppose, like i said, it was just boredom. Never gonna happen, i just thought it looked a lot better than the gold one.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Goatcrapp said:
it still looks like a sebring...

lol. :)
Kinda a sebring with a miata front end, I like, a lot actully, PS the trunk a little higher, it looks kinda goffy slanted down so sharply:)

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i shortened it a little, actually a lot, still didn't screw with the trunk, oh well, on to the next chop, who knows what it'll be.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts

mazda made that car already... lol :p

actually if there was a demand for it - mazda could have easily made the mx6 a "4 seater miata"

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i knew it looked VERY similar to the miata when i shortened it but i hadn't seen them that close together, kinda creepy.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Still like the mx6 one better, it looks like a nice, sleak, longer miata, I think it would look good. My stepdads best friend has an 03 miata and it looks similar in the front end to the 6(in my opinion anyway) but looks matchbox size:)

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
honestly, there aren't a lot of differences, it's lowered and the gold was in 4x4 mode or so it seemed, and the wheels on the gold one looked hideous. overall it just looks sleeker and sportier, i still like the elongated one much better as well joker.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Someone needs to do this man, anyone want to donate me an mx6? hahaha, I would attempt it to, just have to find a way to make it structuraly strong enough

·
Registered
947 Posts
it looks better convertable then i thought, i heard people talk about doing it but this is the first pic that i have seen

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
the cheapest i've ever seen a GE around AUS for is $3500. once they hit the 1G mark, i'll have a crack at it :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
i like it alot actually. i think it looks very sleek. i don't know if i'd do it though, since i never really wanted a convertible for many reasons. very good ps nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts