Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea, its here and its sweet, cant wait to get it into the car, so anyway how do i pull the old one out without destroying it, i dont wont to break anything...

thanks, mcbride

·
Registered
358 Posts
The stock A-piller is just held on by 3 or 4 metal clips. Just reach under an edge and pull straight out where the clips are, and pop them out one at a time. Shouldn't have to worry about breaking it if you're careful, but it does take a little force.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Mine came in today as well.

just pull at the top really hard and then the clips will pull away from the holes. it shold not break i have remvoed mine many times with no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I got mine today too. It comes painted in the tan color.Real nice.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what a rip, mine was black

yea mine came black and tan would have matched the interior, oh well, guess i will just have some painting to do.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Re: what a rip, mine was black

mcbride420 said:
yea mine came black and tan would have matched the interior, oh well, guess i will just have some painting to do.
Mine came TAN and I needed black. what a bunch of marrons sending them out at random. Anyone near NJ wanna swap their black one for a beige one?

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Mine came TAN and I needed black. what a bunch of marrons sending them out at random. Anyone near NJ wanna swap their black one for a beige one?

Jpmx6gt, i think all of them came in tan color, mcbride just meant that the outside of the pillar pod is tan color, the inside is black.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no mine is entirely black!!!

my entire pillar is a real nice shiny black. there is no beige whatsoever, if it is the same beige as most of the sixes interior then i would be up for a swap to eliminate painting, its up to you. i wonder why everyone else got beige and i got black, thats weird.

--mcbride

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
maybe i got mine first because i sent in my piece...

how come no one replies to my thread?... oh well

·
Registered
298 Posts
I dont know y you guys are not getting what you want....when I ordered thru the website, I was able to choose the color of the pod that needed and it came a few days later. It looks way better then the modded prelude one I used to have!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I may be an idiot, but bear with me, I am just starting to add some mods to my car, and I am surfing around looking for Ideas, so here is my question..............What the hell are A-Pillars? hehe

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey they are the piece of plastic next to your winshield and door. that goes up to the roof of the car. I guess everry one is putting oil temp and water temp gauges in them since I did not see anyone with a turbo. By the way guys what website did you get them from since I missed out on the bulk buy or did I?})

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
im putting A/F ratio, Fuel pressure and intake temp. ill never run lean again...LOL

·
Registered
67 Posts
What exactly is a pillar? where is it in the car?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
a pillar on a car is the same as a pillar on a building. it provides structural support. on our car, the a-pillar is up front, the b-pillar is between the windows, and the c-pillar is in the back. the a-pillar trim piece pulls off and the pods go in its place. this pod holds 3 gauges right between the windsheild and driver window, right where you can see them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
anybody have a picture of what the pillar looks like in the car?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
4bangermx6 said:
anybody have a picture of what the pillar looks like in the car?

Hmmm..... JPzy?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts