Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know, if you fix your car up with the
Showgun body kit, would it be low enough or would
it still be possible to lower with the body kit?
I don't want to have problems going over speed pumps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
don't lower it

wit the front lip it'll be low enough believe me...i have teh front lip and i don't even have my car lowered and it scrapes all the time....the only way to prevent damage on ur kit is put aluminum at the bottom (like i'm going to do)....i'm even thingking of getting airbags or hydraulics so i can slam it for shows and then put it up for daily driving....if u do try to lower it get adjusatbles...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I beg to differ but.....

The shogun kit DOES lower the car by a few inches on it's own. However, if you do not lower it, you will have enough gap in your wheel well to fit your entire head through.. well almost. The best springs to get with the SHOGUN kit is either Eibachs or Intraxx. I would prefer Eibachs because they are of better quality and performance rather then the bouncy and soft Intraxx. In any case, as long as you don't get coil overs like mine, your kit will only rub if you try to drive up into a steep hill or come down from a high driveway. So definitely don't leave it stock, just don't drop it too much like with coil overs. A nice set of Eibachs springs will do the trick. Tale a look at Dustin W's yellow shogun MX6 and you'll see.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah i saw an eclipse the other day witht a shogun style kit and it wasnt lowered. that 4x4 stance was pretty ugly. oh BTW does anyone know where to get aluminum that throws up colored sparks?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Re: colored sparks

strugglinmx6 said:
is there really such a thing or are u trying to be funny?...:)
LOL.... naw man theyre called scrape plates. lowriders use em and im not sure if its an aluminum or other metal or a coating or what. but i saw a nice regal throw up blue sparks all over the road the other night after hitting the dump switch in the rear at about 30MPH! its probly some other kind of metal....hmmmm...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts