Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my factory head unit is pi$$ing me off! I have the tools, I wiggled it back and forth, it came out 3/4 of the way and then stopped, I read the other forums and saw about the rubber gromit, and this feels like its attached to a freaking spring or something, I'm pulling like an ox pulling a sled, and it still won't come out of this freeking car! HELP ME PLEASE!! What steps do I take to make sure I won't destroy this thing.

Very Respectfully,
Craig:flamer: :help: :rocket: :damnmad:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You can pop out the storage compartment under the radio by putting your hand inside, then pushing UP and pulling OUT at the same time.

Once you remove that, you should be able to slide your hand in there, feel around behind the radio, and make sure there aren't any wires catching on stuff.

If you need more room, you can remove all the trim around the radio, heater controls, etc.

Remove the ashtray, put your fingers around the outside edge of the trim and YOINK!!! :D

The light over the ashtray and the lighter will need to be unplugged.

That should give you plenty of room to assess the situation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotter done

Thanks for the help, I was really getting pi$$ed at that thing. But yet again, my new MX6 bretherin came through with the info that I needed, thank you.

Much Respect,
Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts