Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Auto Adjusting Suspension found on most MX-6s any good? I can get all the parts (Struts, springs, acutators, computer), for $100 at a local wrecking yard. My car has the wiring harnesses already so I just need to plug and bolt down the parts. What's your thoughts? Should I stay with the hydraulic struts?

I also bought the Strut Tower Bar at that wrecking yard for $40 with braces and bolts. Boy it sure did make a difference in the rear! :D

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you really want them...

I'll see what I can do (Going there tommorrow anyway), but I don't remember seeing them.

[Edited by hurddawg on 09-20-2000 at 01:36 AM]

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
The auto adjusting suspension is a very cool toy. How many miles do these struts have on them? They tend to last long, but I would not buy them if there's over 80k miles on them. They're quite expensive new.

·
Registered
134 Posts
installation of strut bar to your 626?

Hey Hurddawg,

I just shot you an email regarding your rear strut bar. I have one more question was it easy to install? Did you have to cut any of the carpet in the trunk? I've looking for one of these strut bars all over, I thought I found one but the guys over at mazda auto dismantling misunderstood me. So my hunt continues. I even know another guy looking for this strut bar. So if they have 2 more instock let me know and I can email the other guy about it. My email address is [email protected] Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mazda Man

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the struts

The wrecking yard just had me pay for the struts ($100) and the computer was free. There are in good condition and the rubberlike boots are in excellent shape. They were from a '88 GT. I'll put'em on this weekend or Friday. Come on Friday! :cool:

Mazdaman:

I sent you an email describing the installation. It's very simple. I had a harder time to replace a light bulb in the center console. I'll tell ya tommorrow if the place has'em. Are you positive you want two? I don't want to get stiffed on this. Reply ASAP if you can cuz I want to pick'em up tommorrow if i can (9/21).

·
Registered
318 Posts
Rear Strut bar too...

Idf they have 3 I am definately in on one too. I have been looking for one, but I figured the on GT you found was the only one they had.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just pick me up one rear strut bar!

Hey Hurddawg,

Just pick me up one rear strut bar and I'll email the other guy and have him email you himself. Because we don't live in the same state.

Thanks,
Mazda Man

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, all orders are taken.

I'll see if they have two aa-bars then. One for Rendell and one for Mazdaman.

BTW the wrecking yard is a Mazda/Probe wrecking yard mostly and with some other models.

[Edited by hurddawg on 09-20-2000 at 11:01 PM]

·
Registered
318 Posts
More stuff

Sorry to do this, but if you can, will you see if there happens to be a Drivers side Power Window switch on one of the MX-6's, I need a new one, and a rare place with all Probe/MX-6 stuff is too cool. Just add it to my tab, and give me a ballpark estimate of the total cost before you buy the stuff if you don't mind. Thanks man, you rock!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Windows Switch

Okay that's fine, the bar is $40 (with brackets) and the switch they'll probably give it to me free or for about $5. The guys there are pretty generous. But I'll still quote you, just in case.

Are you sure you guys don't have Mazda/Probe only places?
In the phone book in I found at least 2 other place. The place I've been going is down the street from my college :D.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Pretty sure

I am pretty sure. I live in a podunk state heh. Actually I think there might be an import only yard outside Albuquerque, but thats a little further than I wanna go. Where do you live anyway, might could estimate shipping too if I knew. =P

Also could you send me the details on the installation of that strut bar too. Thanks.

[Edited by Rendell on 09-21-2000 at 12:22 AM]

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Evergreen State

I am up in Washington State near the Tacoma (South of Seattle), area. FYI the wrecking yard is call Roy "Y" auto wrecking in Spanaway, WA.

The bar is about 15 lbs and is a car's width so. Who knows how much the shipping would be.

Does the switch have to come from a '90 LX or any MX-6 is okay ('88-'92)?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Any MX-6...I think

I think they are all the same. Should be three buttons. Drivers side up/down passenger side up/down and a lock switch. All ya should have to do is unplug the harness in the back of the switch( don't cut the wires).

[Edited by Rendell on 09-21-2000 at 12:30 AM]

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Check you email

Rendell, check your email for the instructions.

·
Registered
134 Posts
strut bar!

Hey Hurddawg,

Thanks man, you da man! I appreciate you taking the time to help us out. Not too many salvage yards out here in Hawaii, I'll try to find out about the postage from a friend of mine that works at the post office by my working place. Let you know tomorrow.

Thanks,
Mazda Man

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Didn't have time

I didn't have time today to go to the wrecking yard, but I did call them. They said they had some but I dunno if they really understood what I was asking. If they don't have 'em I'll check two other places the specialize in the MX-6/Probe wrecking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts