Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
meh, after making a custom license plate holder I don't mind having a front plate.

It looks ugly on a lot of cars but I don't mind it much. It does help though. Like today, I was able to get a vehicles license plate off the front of a mini-van as they stole from my workplace.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
They're hideous and I see absolutely no point in having a front plate. I would gladly pay more for the annual sticker if it meant I didn't need a front plate. I don't know how much it costs the ministry to stamp out the plates, but they could cut that cost in half and use the money to fix some roads (or inflate their salaries).

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree with Renboy.. but I find it funny that in the petition they argue the fact of greenhouse gases caused by decreased gas-mileage because the license plate is not aerodynamic.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
It helps if you rear end someone. I had the bad luck of doing so, and I had one of those unbreakable plastic covers on my front plate, and although the victim's back bumper was ruined, mine was perfectly fine because the entire impact was absorbed by the front plate. And because of the plastic cover, my plate remained mint condition even after the impact. :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
i wouldnt mind seeing the front plate go, i thing it is more athsetically pleasing to the eye without the big white rectangle sitting on the front bumper and also takes one more decision out of modding the exterior of my car, where and how should i attach my plate.

·
Registered
939 Posts
i think they are hideous. i cant figure out how to make it look half descent. haha. but one problem that i have realized for a car enthusiast once taking teh front plate off is that you now have 2 nice holes in the front bumper. so i think all body shops should petition too since they will get tons of business shaving those holes . hahahaha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts