Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

? about cars w/o AC and the power steering

521 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  89GT4ME 
G
#1 ·
Ok, I've got an 89 GT, the AC didn't work, so when I was replacing the headgasket, I just took the condensor and compressor out. Problem is, the compressor is what tensions the belt for it and the power steering, so now I have no power steering. I'm assuming they made some of these with no AC right? If so, I need to find a tensioner so I can put a belt back on the Power Steering. Otherwise I was thinking of just looping the lines and taking the power steering pump out as well, but I don't want stiff steering, as I'm selling the car soon.

Any help of the experienced would be cool, otherwise I may just reinstall a AC compressor to tension the belt with and nothing more.

Thanks,
Jung

#3 ·
You should put a WTB post in the forsale forum. You might have luck there. It it's really important, maybe the dealer.

G
#8 ·
Frank,

You never got your mirror glass from iggypop? Did it break in transit?

Theres two new '6s in my yard, I'll have a glance for the marker lights and mirror glass.

Also, if you want a STS, If you can't get a company to ship to the netherlands I'll buy one for you and you can mail me the money?

Oh, and did the shift up light show up?

G
#9 ·
wow, I wasn't expecting this much response so soon. I'm glad to hear some came without AC, I'm gonna check the big yard on Friday for a car without AC. That picture of the pulley is almost exactly what I saw in my dream the other night, I woke up all happy that I found one, and then I realized it was a dream. It's like deja vu. I know there are at least 4 probe/mx6 there, and since we're MN, I may get lucky.

Thanks,
Jung

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.