Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a junky and couldnt find any pgt's I only found other models. Would it be possible to use the fender from a non gt. The only difference I can see is some of the plastic molding.

I am talking about the passenger side fender.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Probe fender

While I'm not completely sure about Probes, some things to consider would be the main differences between the GT and the regular Probe. The apparent things would be the specific bumper and bodyside trim claddings which identify the GT.
I'm not real sure if the basic regular fender is interchangeable or not, but even if it were, you would need the GT trim. This could be the biggest problem, other than where the front bumper fascia connects to the fender. Take some pics or measurements.
Try finding actual cars or some good pics to compare distinctive features of the GT vs the base model. Also, you'll need to know the years that the GT styling features are similar.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a lot of non gt's. I asked some guys on probetalk and they said that i could use them. However the only differencec I can see are in two pieces of plastic moulding which I can take off the gt, the non gt only has one piece which is in the same place as one of the gt molding pieces. Tommorow im going to another junkyard to see if I can find a gt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts