Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Great forum. Do you guys have any recommendations on what to look for when I check this car out? I need a car that is fairly reliable to use as a commuter. The guy says there is something wrong with the transmission (still driveable and thinks it's a sensor), but we're going to have a mechanic check it out and he's going to pay for the repair. I would greatly appreciate any comments or recommendations from you guys. Also, does anyone know of a good reliable mechanic for these cars in the San Diego area? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone help, please? I'm checking it out tonight.

Can anyone help, please? I'm checking it out tonight.

·
Registered
416 Posts
aaaa, will probably need a new tranny, but if hes gonna pay for it, go for it....even if he doesnt, 3800 isnt a bad deal, and you can get a new tranny(or a rebuilkt one)for about 600-800

·
Registered
806 Posts
Is this a 4 or 6 cylinder? The auto tranny can be problematic if it is not maintained properly. As far as the engine being reliable, I can vouch that the V6 is reliable and is said to be a 300K + engine. With proper maintenance it should be a good commuter car. I would be wary of the tranny problems though. Make sure to get it diagnosed before buying and if it does have problems maybe you can get the seller to reflect it in his sell price. Also ask the seller if he has ever had the rear brakes repaired as the rear disk brakes had some sticking issues. Give us more info on the car and we should be able to be more precise with our advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts