Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im about to buy a 1994 mx6 with 104,000 clicks on it.. the owner has told me that the timing belt(s) need to be replaced..

Just wondering how much this costs and where this can be done around melbounre. Im in the eastern suburbs and dont mind driving abit for quality work. Ide rather have someone work on the car that wants to do the job. and not a hassel for them.. :)

The other question is what else is due to go on the car or needs to be replaced/repaired around this time or in the near/distant future?
The car has been kept in good nick up until now :)

thanks in advance guys!
you may make me an honourary member just around the corner :)

Matt

·
Registered
43 Posts
Greetings v64 I have recently purchased a 93 MX6 which had 95k so I also have wondered about the cost of replacing a timing belt etc.

I posted a thread here http://www.mx6.com/board/showthread.php3?threadid=4810 and found out that belt is due for replacement at 105k and other belts such as the air con and alternator are usually replaced at the same time (my air con belt has visibly perished)

One of our members, Ric Danger, paid $700 to get all the belts done as well as the usual oil, filters etc. I am not sure the name of the place, but I'm pretty sure it was in Melbourne.

Hopefully Ric will see this post and let you know where it was as he seemed quite impressed with their work.

Good luck with the purchase - BTW if you want a Road Test report on the MX6 (prepared by the NRMA which = RACV) then just email me at [email protected] and I will forward it to you.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Mazda Dealers

Want it done, best place is to contact Mazda themselves.

Brighton Mazda (03) 9559 0777
Essendon Mazda (03) 9374 2222
Werribee Mazda (03) 9741 4666
Mornington Mazda (03) 5975 1111
City Mazda (03) 9329 2000

Heres Just a few you can call, believe me go with them you get good service (never thought ide say that). Worth every dollar you spend.

·
Registered
621 Posts
After I'd had my car back for a month from the fella that did the belt work the belts got really squeaky on start up and air-con cut in and power steering - like they were all too loose.

Anyway ditched him in favour of a couple of cool guys up in Fairfield

Pross and Marco at Enhanced Motorworks - they do a lot of porsche stuff but they are really nice down to earth guys who know their stuff. Recently did my front axles/cvs and refurbished the rear calipers.

Enhanced Motorworks

·
Registered
672 Posts
We seem to be forming quite a Database on MX6 mechanics.

Anyone else got any good people let us know!!

:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts