Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here but i havent been able to find the information that I was looking for and I am going to be putting a new exhaust on my car soon. If I go with the 2.5 inch exhaust system as opposed to just putting a performance muffler on the stock exhaust, am i going to lose back pressure? I have heard that by keeping the stock exhaust and just upgrading the muffler it can be more effective. I am looking for a better launch off the line, meaning i dont want to sacrifice torque for high end hp. Can somebody tell me whether or not i should go with the 2.5 inch piping or just the muffler. Thanks for your help.:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just go to www.borla.com they find your make and model and set you up with a high but a very dependable piece of equipment.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The guys with the Borla cat-back systems swear by them, but they are pricey. I went with the Magnaflow on the back and a K & N drop in air filter for a better balance front & back. And yeah, I do feel a difference in torque and motion on the tach.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey surfstar, that IS a great price for the Borlas. I didn't see 4cyl on the list, but they probably have them too.

·
Registered
511 Posts
my car is a 1993 OBDI and i needed a ~7" extension put in where the front pipe connects to the cat. i could have sworn that people said LS cat backs would bolt up to a OBDI I4. oh well, at least i know that this exhaust will last forever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts