Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 93, 4 banger has 185000 miles on her and now that i have alittle extra cash i have decided to have the engine rebuilt. so i need all the advice i can as to what should be rebuilt, what parts i should go ahead and put better performance parts on rather than stock, and all that good stuff. i am going to have a local shop do the work but i want to be able to tell them exactly what i want done. so lets get some lists and ideas going, nothing super like nos or turbo, just a rebuilt strong running engine with some performance parts. also what kind of price should i be expecting to pay? would it be better to just by a new engine?

--thanks for all the help, its greatly appreciated, mcbride

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wouldnt try the 2.5 conversion. It is cheaper to get the FSZE and much less of a PITA. Secondly I think that if you are going to rebuild your motor, do ti right. Have the block overbored, get a stroker crank, all forged internals with higher/lower compression pistons, depending on if turbos are in your future. You will have a 2.2 torque monster. Put the jspec cam and manifold on the car and you should be easily passin up the V6's!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.