Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Ive done the search etc, but found nothing in relation to my problem... SO here goes.

ABS light was on, the joker who had it before bypassed the the brake lines to make it non-ABS because of an ABS malfunction, I go an buy another ABS unit,
install it and top up all the fluids.... ABS light is now off... BUT only after flashing 4 or 5 times on start up. Brakes are spongy so i bleed them and after doing so are feeling much better but are not perfect(not enough to get over the pits) THE MAIN PROBLEM I HAVE is that the dash lights flicker on an off when you plant the brake pedal..WTF is that? brake guy reakons my ABS is faulty or there is an elec. prob. cos it wont bleed properly either, thus the slight spongyness from the pedal.. anyone had this problem or a solution to it?????

Thanks guys

·
Registered
639 Posts
ive had major issues with my abs in the near past, my abs is working fine now and mine flashes 3 times on start up always, a while ago i was gonne convert to non-abs but i got the part i needed, my abs pump, a valve or somthin inside got stuck so my brakes kept locking after the pump would be sucked dry. crazy problem during all this after youd get it to unlock my pedal was mush so after the pump being replaced they bled the hell out my brake lines and now its all good. anyway i also had an issue with the abs sensor gear wiggeling off after a while, id have to bang it back in place but it didnt stay tight. that would make my abs make noise and flicker the light and sometimes come on all the time while driving

if he bypassed the abs to make it non abs he musta had a non abs master cylinder and proportioning valve maybe thats the problem, u have non abs peices in there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah he did a cheap bypass-to-go job, the ABS did not work at all, he was either too lazy to take it out an get a S/H one or too poor.??

Anyways the ABS i got from a wrecker Started to leak big time , rang em up ,said he had another one there, swapped it and i think it works alot better.....

Does anyone know if power bleeding is the best way to go or if we have to pressure bleed our cars?? Whats the recomended procedure?? Also... Do we have to bleed with the engine running or off??

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts