Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have good knowledge of the abs system in the 1gen? I have too much brake pressure on the passenger rear side of my 4ws 626 with no pressure on the divers side rear (wheel keeps spinning with brakes applied). I have narrowed it down to the ABS unit. I replaced every other freaking part now. Must be a valve in the abs unit is stuck of something

Every seen one go bad like this?

I have a spare abs unit, but i think i will just bypass it and go directly to the proportioning valve from the master.

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I think you can do what you are saying but you might want to go with a non-abs m/c. Not really sure but I think the lines are on the wrong side or 1 is. If you had a non-abs m/c then you can use the lines from a non-abs and be done with it. Doing it with a abs m/c you would need to find or make a brake line.

The abs has a self check feature like the ecu. See if it will give you a code and go from there.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you can do what you are saying but you might want to go with a non-abs m/c. Not really sure but I think the lines are on the wrong side or 1 is. If you had a non-abs m/c then you can use the lines from a non-abs and be done with it. Doing it with a abs m/c you would need to find or make a brake line.

The abs has a self check feature like the ecu. See if it will give you a code and go from there.
Yeah, i have a feeling it may have something to do with the fact that the abs is not hooked up. by that i mean that no abs knuckle on the front right and i unplugged the ecu. I have all the parts to put this back together right...but i am just going to bypass the whole shbang.

About cable ends and sides. The non abs has a line on each side where on the abs it is all on the pass side. The abs uses a 14mm nut to attach the line, but the line is also a ten mm threaded into that fitting. I got a few short pieces of metric threaded line. I think i can just bend some new ones just as easy ~$10. I was checking out the local yard and noticed that the lines were in pretty rough shape (MI road salt PITA). Or i'd be done already.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
540 Posts

Hey allmazda i know this is an old thread but - i'm researching some new abs issues i may have and was wondering (if anyone) could tell me where i might find the self-check for the abs system on an 88GT atx.

1st 1G i've had with abs so it's all new to me, thx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts