Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that summer is here and it is 100 degrees, ac is important. When outside temp is at this range, my ac will cool the car on the highway to 68 or below.......driving around town 74......stuck at a traffic light......80. I have found this typical of a lot of car ac systems, as the condensor does not get cooled down by the flowing air in traffic. I have changed out several different ac components and the result is always the same. Do others have the same experience ? Maybe these cars don't have a big or heavy duty compressor like some other cars have.

Registered
Hey Goodbar,
My AC in my 93 LS hasn't worked for well over 10 years, haha. I put a new condenser in it but never got it recharged. Life is always getting in the way with other priorities. I only put a few hundred miles on the car each summer anyway, so it hasn't been a priority.
All of that being said,....I bought my car brand new in 1993. Yep, I'm that old 馃槑....And I do not recall the AC not doing a good job in stopped, slow or stop & go traffic. When you kick-on the AC, the radiator/condenser cooling fan should also kick on when you turn on the AC.
But! If I recall correctly, I think the compressor might cycle on and off during slow moving traffic? I vaguely remember the vents fluctuating between cold and really cold air coming out.
Ah, great times back in those days.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the amount of air flowing over the condensor that seems to give the temperature difference. I don't know anyway to fix that or if there is a fix. Right now at 100 degree temperatures, I am glad to have the ac. 68 highway, 75 around town, 80 stuck in traffic. Everything in the ac system is new and it works well. Just these temp differences.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts