Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not much of an electronics guy but i was wondering if anybody out there has try'd an accelerometer. I've seen the ads for the Beltronics unit and the G-tech pro comp model. they're both $249. woth the while? it's a cool concept but do they are the accurate?

·
Registered
440 Posts
yea i saw that, that look cool i wanna get it but my friend is gonna get it so i'll jsut use his

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Interesting in concept, and fun to play with, but not all that accurate. I've seen guys run with them in the dash at the dragstrip, and the difference in actual 1/4 mile times and teh units estimated time can be well over 1 second. :E Their power-estimatation functions are a joke, I honestly don't know where they get off with that function, the unit doesn't have nearly enough input parmeters to be estimating power output. :rolleyes:

Look at it this way - for $250, you can get 2 or 3 real dyno runs, several trips to a real dragstrip, and pay for the time and gas for both. Much better info there. ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that's what i kinda suspected. I mean the concept is there for something like that to work, it just would probably cost a lot more than $250. Can't you estimate power by looking at your 1/4 mile times and the weight of the vehicle through some equation? I know it's not 100% but i remember seeing it somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts