Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just athough that's been going through my mind since I've been hearing a lot about head lights on here. Has anyone thought about trying to put the headlights from a 94-97..I think accord? they look like they might fit. If so we could get those projectors that everyone in here is so hot in the @ss about

Pyro
89 LX

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was thinking that the 2nd gen Integra lights might work. They sell projectors for them that look pretty good. I think they are longer than our lights though, and may require redoing the grill. I have been wanting some better looking lights for our cars, but do not want to have to cut any metal. I might just have to try my original idea of making my own with fibergass, using the GTS clear headlight covers to keep the outside shape the same. Of course I am very picky about stuff so they would have to look great to be on my car, I don't know if I would be able to meet my own standards :(
As for the Accord lights, they might fit, it would be interesting to see. What year are they for, because somebody could measure them to see if they fit. If they fit without cutting the metal that might be pretty sweet. I'm sure the grill would have to be modded, but I'd do that over cutting the hood or fenders anyday:D

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
My mom has a '97 Accord. I'll look at it and measure it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My only concern is that it loks like they get wider as they go out toward the turn signal I don't know if this will cause a problem. I know this becasue I work a Mc D's and when I do drive Thru I'm always seeing if other car parts might be compatable with our fly rides!!!!

pyro
89 LX

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to privde the comidic relif

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Yeah they get taller as they go towards the signal. Also overall they are taller than our lights. Ours are 10cm tall all across, and the Accord, when measures near the signal, is 13cm tall. So to fit them you'd have to make a new hood, fenders and front bumper, so basically it's not doable....might as well fit even cooler lights if you are going to replace all those things with custom parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts