Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have opinions or feedback on ACT clutches. i'm looking to put one in but wanna know how the performance and quality are.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got my ACT (stage 2) 6 months ago and it still grabs like the first day. the pedal was a little stiff at the beginning but you get used to it and I spend 45 minutes every day in bumper to bumper traffic.

i would recommend it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Centerforce

I'm not sure as to the quality or performance of an Act clutch but I have a Centerforce Dual friction clutch. It's been in for about a year, grabs like it did when it was new and can squawk em good in 2nd. Pedal is nice and light and it never slips. Check em out before you make a decision.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had an ACT clutch put in this summer, so far i'm happy. the clutch peddle will stiffen up, but I like it better that way. Have been having problems shifting into 2nd above 3500 rpm, not sure why?

no compalaints, whell spin in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!!!

125 Posts
hey guys, can anyone answer why this guy can't shift into 2nd above a certain RPM ?? I want an ACT but if the clutch is causing problems then i'l keep it stock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think there is a problem with the clutch itself, i've got a friend who bought one, (and the reason i did) and he's had no problems with it....

the problem i've been having, as far as i've been able to tell, may have to do with wear on my gears or the instalation of the clutch itself.... just make sure the person who installs it know what they're doing!

·
Registered
257 Posts
on that topic, a clutch question- my car doesnt chirp or grab like it used to, but the clutch pedal is far from low. could my clutch still be bad? i miss chirping 2nd like no hondas can...help

·
Registered
156 Posts
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE ACT II

When I first had it installed, I would ALWAYS have a problem shifting into second gear. I would always get a "GRIND" at high RPMs. But then I switched my tranny fluid to REDLINE, and the grinding went away. Now I'm stuck with the extra effort that I have to put in to get it into second. If I would've put that REDLINE in when I got my ACT installed, I don't think that I would have a problem shifting into second at all.

I ALSO HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE REDLINE SYNTHETIC TRANNY FLUID, WHETHER YOU HAVE A STOCK CLUTCH, OR AFTERMARKET.

THE BOTTOM LINE: Put redline fully synthetic fluid in your car ASAP, and get an ACT over all the other aftermarket clutches available... Even stock...

HTH

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Ok heres my question. Can an ACT clutch stand up to 400 ponies? I need to know. and how streetable will it be if i get a 2 or 3 stage clutch? Does any one know?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts