Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who CURRENTLY sells these? What is the best price you've found RECENTLY? JC Whitney tells me they don't have them anymore. Anyone know if the PRD sway bars ever made production? ETA? Price?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found 'em. swaybars.com has 'em for $150ea The better deal is at shox.com for $119ea. I ordered yesterday. Now I'm just waiting for them to show up...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was reading your sig....whats 1 helluvu stereo? Is it loud? Can I get it at G.I.Joes? I hear they sell mad bass.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
if you wanna talk about someones sig, start a new thread

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike, post up some pics of the Civic. CSHFLW's trying to f*ck with me for something I posted on one of the Honda sites.

·
Registered
23 Posts
BOWDWN....you part of the westside connection? Thats what this one cop told me. He said he put on his shooting glasses just for you incase you tried to pop-a-cap.

:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the kit today. Dude, call me. Quit ****ing up the website with all these goof-off posts:)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hey man, tell us how the sway bars( are you getting both) help out. what size are the bar(width wise, 22mm, right?)
i am looking it to this as well. later

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Addco only makes a rear anti-roll bar for our car. It is Addco part# 699. I'll definitely post my feelings on the bar after a couple days' driving time.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
BOWDWN2MX6 said:
Addco only makes a rear anti-roll bar for our car. It is Addco part# 699. I'll definitely post my feelings on the bar after a couple days' driving time.
that is what i thought, i had never seena front one other than MazdaSpeed?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Addco arrived today. Its 7/8" and heavy (ll pounds). I'll probably get it installed this weekend.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
you should run your car through the slalom before putting it on... then see how much it makes a difference...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Too late.

Its on. It took maybe 10 minutes. It appears that the endlink on my driver's side is bent. I have no idea how in the hell that happened, but it looks like I'll be replacing that soon. I suppose I'll try the Nissan Altima endlinks that everyone seems to be so fond of. I don't really feel any adverse handling effects due to the bent piece.

Anyway, my initial impression of the Addco is that I can definately tell its there. The car seems to behave differently. I recently installed the rear STB, so I'm still familiarizing myself with that, but I do feel a certain rigidity to the rear end of the car. I have bunches of backroads near my house, but I think I'll test the limits in a parking lot or something before going nuts there. I'd hate to learn the limitations or discover some unexpected flaw by plowing off the edge of a ravine into some sharp rocks:)

I'll continue to post my impressions as I become more confident in the bar.

G

·
0 Posts
I just purchased an ADDCO bar (#699) from JC Whitney last month. It was only $116 with Shipping. It made a HUGE difference on the track.. :eek:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Any more "impressions" on the rear sway bar??

Anything to "look out for"? I've got mine arriving next week (had to be specially manufactured here in OZ) and want to know what I'm getting myself in for!

THanks.,

G

·
0 Posts
I'm running a '94 626 2.0L and after adding the rear sway bar I notice a big difference in the turn in. My car now turns into the corners much better and with considerably less frontend push. I did loop it on my second hot lap. If your not careful the backend will come around much easier, but it is very controllable once you've run a few laps. I really like the difference. I am looking forward to our next track event.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts