Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where could I buy something online that fits in the middle between the fog lights? Or could I just put some grill/mesh type material in there? Any ideas on where to get that stuff?
The problem is, there are bugs in my radiator.

Also, about fog lights...I don't have them, but it appears the spot is there, just pop-out a piece. Where could I get the clear plastic housing for the lights?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Try to find the lights at a salvage yard if you can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did question the question before I posted. I personally think stopping bugs from getting in a radiator is maintainance. That's all.

·
Registered
123 Posts
And it looks cool too. XO

·
Registered
293 Posts
foglights

Hey, bud!
the thing about 2.0's is that they don't come with foglights stock (that's how you recognize 4 cyl from v6 from the front before you decide to race it:p )
I'd like to get ones too. What I'm thinking right now is to get little round ones to put them in spece where you want your grill at.
Good luck!})

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Chicken wire looks bad to me, looks very cheap and flexilbe. my brother put it on his 240 and i told him to take that smurf off. it looksed very rice to me, but thats just me. i used something different and i will post pics of it soon.

if you want it to stay there for ever just bondo it to the other side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
grills

I'm done with the grills now...I think it looks great. The center grill doesn't curve exactly with the plastic posts, but it's fine. I used gutter gaurds from menards.. I paid like $3 total, and spent an hour and a half on the project because I work slow and screwed up once.
I'm sure people have done the grills, but I just wanted to add how I secured them. The sides are pressure fit onto the rubber tabs w/ the metal clips that held the plastic before. With the middle, I secured the top of the grill by drilling a pilot hole, and putting screws in. Then for the bottom, I used thin wire that wrapped around the bottom of the 3 plastic posts and went through the grill (1 piece of wire for each post).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts