Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to add a keyless entry to my MX-6. But, if the doors are locked and the factory alarm is on, will the alarm go off if I unlock the doors with the remote? The manual from Mazda says that the car will set off the alram if the doors are unlocked from the inside. I was just wondering if anyone had an aftermarket keyless entry installed and how they overcame this problem. Also if you could include how much it cost I would appreciate it. Thanks - Andrew

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put a clifford intelligaurd 700 in my 93 ls im
still trying to figure out how to do the keyless
entry without the factory alarm going off. You
need to add one acuator to the drivers side door
to make the doors lock. That was the only time
consuming part but its easy. Let me know if you
figure out how to disengage the factory alarm.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yellow Wire with Red Stripe

StreetEffectzMX6 said:
On my car there is a yellow wire with a red stripe behind the drivers side kick panel that needs a negative pulse from the alarm. Good luck
I'm not sure what you mean by "needs a negative pulse from the alarm." If you could clear that up I would really appreciate it. According to some posts I have read, the remote will lock the doors with no problem. But, when you unlock the doors with the remote the alarm goes off. - Andrew

·
Registered
45 Posts
There should be an auxilary output wire on your alarm (with a "-" sign (a minus meaning negative)) All you have to do is connect this wire to the yellow wire with the red stripe that I mentioned and when you use your unlock button, it will interupt the stock alarm. It basically bipasses the stock alarm, BUT I think you have to use the remote to lock the doors. If you lock it buy hand it may arm the stock alarm (but I'm not positive about this). Good luck any again! If you have any more questions I will be glad to (try) help.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
StreetEffectzMX6 said:
There should be an auxilary output wire on your alarm (with a "-" sign (a minus meaning negative)) All you have to do is connect this wire to the yellow wire with the red stripe that I mentioned and when you use your unlock button, it will interupt the stock alarm. It basically bipasses the stock alarm, BUT I think you have to use the remote to lock the doors. If you lock it buy hand it may arm the stock alarm (but I'm not positive about this). Good luck any again! If you have any more questions I will be glad to (try) help.
So, if I just install a keyless entry will the stock alarm still protect the car and not start honking when I unlock with the remote? The keyless entry I am looking at has a negative auzillary output wire on it. If it bypasses the stock alarm will an aftermarket alarm and keyless entry protect the car as well as the factory alarm? Thanks for all your help. - Andrew

·
Registered
441 Posts
sup sup

I just had keyless entry put in my bucket :)
all the guy did was bypass the factory alarm so as if it wasnt even there and it works great...sorry i dont know exactly what he did even tho I was there with him electronics is greek to me...You will have to add one actuator tho...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bypassing the factory alarm.

Bypassing the factory alarm is easy, theres just one wire that need to be disconnected, email me if you want to know more about this. :)
BTW... you'll also need a door lock actuator $11.00 to install keyless on a 6, only the passenger side door has the actuator, the driver side door is just a trigger.
goodluck

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Bypassing the factory alarm.

Ralph said:
Bypassing the factory alarm is easy, theres just one wire that need to be disconnected, email me if you want to know more about this. :)
BTW... you'll also need a door lock actuator $11.00 to install keyless on a 6, only the passenger side door has the actuator, the driver side door is just a trigger.
goodluck
Is there any way to have a keyless entry and still use the factory alarm?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not really, they would have to be done seperate...
for example, you could keep the factory and install just a keyless entry system, you'd probably save alot of money that way. The trouble is that you probably wont find just a keyless system, the manufactures want money, so they throw it all in and make ya pay :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts