Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this car back in november last year when my other car died (an 85 Mitsubishi colt sedan...oh the shame!). Saw her on carsales one day, and within two days she was mine. Little did i realise how popular these cars actually were....

My baby when i bought her:

Then a month later someone ran into her while we were stationary.

Since then ive had the arse fixed and the tint redone (Its wasnt done tho when i took the below pic). It annoys me that the rear is perfect andthe paint on the bonnet is dodgy, but not much i can do really.

So i got bored and photoshopped my car. Yes i know its a dodgy job, and i took the photo of my car with my phone, which is why the quality is so bad. But you get the idea. This is what i want her to look like sometime in the future. Just a matter of getting some money :p

So the plan is to lower her, change teh wheels, maybe do the exhause (NOT a cannon, no way. too tacky). Im gonna buy clear side indicator lenses too.

·
Registered
545 Posts
not my fave colour.
needs de-mudflapping and Eurolip kit!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well when your daily suddenly dies and you need a car ASAP, cause public transport cant get you to work and you live alone...the colour of the car doesnt seem that big a deal...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I love it. I really wish that they would've brought the 626 hatch to the states. Is it a four cylinder?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ITs a 6 cyl :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
hi,
thx for your comment!

Your 626 is nice, a very popular colour here in Germany.
Always the only mod have to be done is lowering a other wheels,
and this car is looking perfect.

Yeah, mud flappings is a no go ;)

oh I see, there is a third brake lamp in your spoiler, so I think you´ve got a >1995 one.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys!

How do i go about removing the mudflaps (i'd go have a look, but my car isnt here right now...sstupid waterpump...)

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
hi,
thx for your comment!

Your 626 is nice, a very popular colour here in Germany.

oh I see, there is a third brake lamp in your spoiler, so I think you´ve got a >1995 one.
Aus-spec ones had the 3rd brake light from the very first GE's in 92.

Possibly the most common colour here as well next to white. My old TX5 was passion rose, or Shiraz Red as Ford liked to call it.

thanks guys!

How do I go about removing the mudflaps (i'd go have a look, but my car isnt here right now...sstupid waterpump...)
Lol...my pump died about 3 weeks ago. $1050 later and it was back on the road. Could have been cheaper, but seeing my mechanic was away, I just went straight to Mazda. Try and get your timing belts/pulleys done at the same time if it is not too late. All the timing has to removed so it's worth doing it at the same time. At least then your pump and belts are good for another 100,000kms.

As for mudflaps, if you look in the wheel arches there are 3 or 4 screws, some metal, some plastic, remove them and they come off. I think there is one on the underside of the flaps as well.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks mate!

The timing belt was due anyway (well in 5000ks) so i figured i should get it all done at once. Saves having to pay the labour costs to get to the same place twice...

Im still hunting around for a decent mechanic - the last one i waas going to i think was making my car worse. But a mate of mine who is a mechanic has offered to service it for me - he just wasnt going to touch my car when it came to the timing belt/waterpump.

Ive been quoted 1k+ to get this all fixed :( everywhere i went. Least it seems that cause you were charged similar they werent just adding girl tax.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just ordered some clear side indicators :D

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my indicators showed up!

so happy. Its only taken a year for me to do something to her... i know its only minor, but its exciting for me :D

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You serious? They're only the side repeator little orange ones....

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts
Which we do not have here, and I would need to complete the JDM front end. I already have a set, but one is pretty messed up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good looking GE ;) Put a nice wheel/tire set, than lower it and instal euro - lip kit. When you do this, it will be realy nice and clean 626.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Which we do not have here, and I would need to complete the JDM front end. I already have a set, but one is pretty messed up.
You can have em for the cost of postage. THey're just gonna take up space here otherwise.

I didnt realise that you couldnt get them over there. On Aus ebay there were a set of the ones i got, a set of altezzas, and a set of orange ones. The guy i bought mine off immediatly relisted them, so it seems hes got heaps. So i jsut thought they were commen, lol.

Good looking GE ;) Put a nice wheel/tire set, than lower it and instal euro - lip kit. When you do this, it will be realy nice and clean 626.

Thats the plan! Thoguh i dont know what the lip kit is, what it looks like or where i can get one (oh the shame). But wheels and lowering it is next on the cards...jsut trying to save the money to do it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took some pics of her aa while back that i planned on sharing...but didnt. oops :p

Also, i got her lowered on wednesday. awesome!

They're lovells lows for an mx6. The ones for 626's dont seem to make much of a difference. Big thanks to fitzy for decding his car wasnt low enough, cause otherwise i wouldnt have got these.

Will eventually take better photos too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts