Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends that is very in to cars says that the knocking comin out of my engine is an easy fix. He said that all i need to do is adjust my valves. My question to you guys is what is the proper procedure for adjusting them? What order do i need to adjust them? what temp should i adjust them at? Should i even try to do it myself? If anyone has the factory shop manual or just knows what to do please help me out! thanks guys

·
Registered
666 Posts
Our cars have hydraulic lash adjusters, they're automatic. You can't adjust them, they adjust themselves. They're probably what's making all the noise though. The oil passages get clogged and the HLA's get no oil, which makes them noisy. Do a search here or at probetalk.com and you'll get tons of topics.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Just in case you're too lazy to do a search. Drain a quart of your oil out, and put a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil (found at most parts stores). Then run it for 500 miles or so and then change your oil. That should get rid of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.