Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dammit I'm tired of ****ing with this thing. I bought a used sunroof motor from someone on the board and received it today. I plugged it in and only get a clicking sound when the open/close button is pressed. The clicking is coming from the little square black box beside the motor that the wiring harness plugs into. What does this box do? My old motor wouldn't even make that little box click when it was hooked up so I <guess> this motor is in better shape than my original one. Does anyone have any suggestions? It's a 100+ degree heat index here in Georgia and my a/c's crapped out on me already. I can handle the heat as long as I can have a working sunroof. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
sunroof

well i bought my car used and the guy i bought it from told me it wasnt working. my motor seems to b workin though. it makes the clickin noise. he told me its just off of its track. i went to a place to get an estimate the guy said too much not worth it. and he said even if he could it would break again. so i screwed mine shut using an allen wrench and that lil plastic thing behind the sunroof

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ooops

didn't mean to post here in the lounge....sorry

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update!

Hey Datboidavid, I replaced the little black box next to the sunroof motor (the wire harness plugs into it) and my motor works again! I guess it was some sort of relay that was burned out. Right-on, it's nice to have this thing working again.

jeremy

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
closed problem

My sunroof open no problem but when is time to closed. is stock aboout 2" of the end.

Do you think is the motor getting old.

I clean alle the rail and lubrificated than

G

·
0 Posts
sunroof

what is the little black box beside the motor? where did you get a new one? I am having trouble getting my sunroof closed as well....93 ls....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts