Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having performance headers, cat back, cat converter put in my car next week, whats the best thing to do next? I've been checking out some of the unothordox racing pulleys, but besides that im pretty stumped on what mods to get for my car to free up some extra horse power

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
You need a better intake. You can go the cheap and easy route, by putting a K&N panel filter in your stock box. This mod is very effective. Or you can ditch the box and get a cone filter, but I STRESS that it must be a shielded type like a Ractive filter, that has a hose that runs into the fender (you dont really need to run it all the way to the front bumper), otherwise you'll suck in loads of hot air and actually reduce power significantly. Another thing you should eventually do is have the head and intake manifold ported/polished. Realize this is not cheap, but it's very effective.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
If you don't have suspension yet, I say do that. It's the only mod that will help your car's appearance, acceleration, braking and handling all at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts