Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up, im new here and im new to imports and i plan on getting a mx6 soon(month or 2) as my first import. I've always been a big fan of g2 Mx-6s but never took a look at them in a buying manner, i checked out this site and was amazed at some of the great cars on here, and when i saw how low some of these cars were going for i thought it was perfect. I plan on getting one soon as i said and i know i wont find a 93-97ish with less then 100k miles most likely(and for what im looking to pay at the time being).
Long story short i need a car now and 99% stuck on a mx6, and this site has help me greatly with that. I plan on driving the car a good amount but come summer probley swap out for a rebuilt engine and what not(i know enough about cars, and a swap with a friend or two wouldnt be out of mind.)

My friend told me that someone he knows has gone threw numerous engines and tranny in a short period and that the cars are unreliable, i dont beleave everything i hear thankyfully but do these cars need any special TLC or anything. Only person i know with a 6 is a chick with a 4cylinder so she wouldnt be that big of a help. I plan on getting a ls 5sp btw.

Any advice would be great, thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
With proper maintenance and upkeep the car will be pretty reliable with the exception of the automatic trannys. Never buy a mx6 with auto tranny unless you like working on transmissions or are willing to swap it out for a 5speed. Other than that it's basic upkeep and maintenance like any car.

metros

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Great cars. Yadda yadda. Tell us more about this chick with the MX6.

Seriously, they are good cars as long as maintenance is kept up with.

-Andrew

·
Registered
207 Posts
The 2.5L V6 is pretty solid, if it was treated properly.

Common problems with distributors(93-95), axles, rear calipers(93-94), the shitty sunroof and HLA ticking that makes the engine sound like a diesel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.