Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am 18 years old and am living in Madison, Wisconsin. I have a 1994 MX6 LS V6 with 75,000 miles on it.

For my whole life, I have been very interested in cars. However, it has just been recently that I have wanted to work on them.

I am extremely interested in doing some modifications such as a new wing (something tall) and a shogun kit.

I currently own my own website design and hosting business. I also do a lot of consulting. In other words, money isn't the biggest issue here.. however finding someone to help me get started seems to be a problem.

What advice would you give someone who would like to learn how to do this stuff?

Thank you,
Alex

·
Registered
73 Posts
welcome to the club. as for looks, i suggest you go to http://www.erebunicorp.com for your wing and shogun kit, they carry a lot of products, although i do hear bad things about thier kit's quailty and fitment. you would need a good body shop to tale care of the installation. good luck!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Don't forget to check out the TC Spoilers one and the Mazda Speed one as well. If you do a search on body kits you should be able to find others as well. If you're wanting to do performance upgrades you can do a search or ask people everyone here is pretty helpful.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
install

How much do you think an auto body shop would charge to install the such a kit? (ie shogun sides and front)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've heard that most people spend about $1500 to have the kit fully molded, all the dings taken out of their car and the whole car painted. I'm not sure what it'd be if you just wanted the kit installed though. Try calling around to your local shops.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks!

Excellent. I will call around tomorrow to the local shops and see what they say. Now that I think of it, I might as well have the whole baby re-painted.. maybe blue or yellow :)

What is the cheapest way to get a kit?

thank you so much!!!
Alex

G

·
Cheapest way to get a kit..

Well, the cheapest way to get a kit would be getting in the deal with the bulk buy. I am in this bulk buy, so if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at any time...peace.
-krazy

·
Registered
212 Posts
A word of advice. YOU CANNOT INSTALL THE EREBUNI KIT W/OUT REPAINTING YOUR ENTIRE CAR!! Make sure the body shop you plan on using is well equipped to do cutting and sculpting. The side vents to the shogun kit actually need to be fitted into the body of the car. So, make damn sure that the shogun kit IS THE ONE FOR YOU, because once it's put on it cannot be taken off!! Good luck and welcome to the site. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts