Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I picked up 2 aftermarket Ractive gauges one for oil pressure and one for water temp... my question is how do I hook up the water temp gauge? and I didn't get an oil pressure sending unit for the oil pressur gauge where would I find one? can I use a generic one? would like to get these things off my desk and into my car! thx.

here is a couple pics of them so you all know what i'm talkin about :)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
for the water and i'm assuming there's three wires on the guage. one is for power, one is for ground and the other is going to splice into your thermostat housing where the coolant temp sensor is. Its pretty easy...

The oil gauge you might be able to use a generic one but i would have no idea. You might want to call ractive and see if they offer an oil pressure sending unit. If not you might not be able to use it. The probes/mx6 don't normally have a pressure gauge on the dash so unless there is a pressure monitering system for the PCM, there probably isn't anything for the oil pressure.

I'm sure it just moniters the oil level. What you could do would be to order a sandwich adapter but you would still need an oil sending unit off of that.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the water temp has 5 wires... red, black and green and then it also has a red and white on taped together with a connector on the end of them.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
the water temp has 5 wires... red, black and green and then it also has a red and white on taped together with a connector on the end of them.
i guess email ractive and ask for the diagram maybe? I'm assuming the other red and white wires are probably for the light inside. Isn't ractive an autozone brand. if so just go there and take out the instruction book and check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts