Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this while looking up parts - this is the manufacturers site, with a picture, and model #. When checking locally, I've seen them sell for as little as $35. They only offer it for the N/A models - sorry Turbo guys, but you have other easy options open to you...

http://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-b...=&start=&vfrom=&prev=&vnext=&category_list=:0

AutoZone shows to sell it for $54.99...cheaper then Mazda's price...

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
maxwgn said:
I found this while looking up parts - this is the manufacturers site, with a picture, and model #. When checking locally, I've seen them sell for as little as $35. They only offer it for the N/A models - sorry Turbo guys, but you have other easy options open to you...

http://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-bin/vm91corp30r/item-dtl.w?sid=0x0184e212&item=696-201&clt=hwrap1&vsrch_str=&vsrch_brand=&vsrch_cat=&st_amount=&end_amount=&start=&vfrom=&prev=&vnext=&category_list=:0

Sorry N/A Guy, thats a stock hose.
And your not boosted :) We dont mind.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
He knows it is a stock hose. I don't think he was looking for a performance increase, he was just looking for a cheaper alternative to buying one from the dealer. Not everyone here is looking for performance everything, most are just trying to keep their cars on the road.

"Aftermarket" does not always mean "upgrade".

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
magik8 said:
He knows it is a stock hose. I don't think he was looking for a performance increase, he was just looking for a cheaper alternative to buying one from the dealer. Not everyone here is looking for performance everything, most are just trying to keep their cars on the road.

"Aftermarket" does not always mean "upgrade".
Makes Sense.

FYI - In Canada, the part costs 30$ canadian.
I also have one if anyone needs it.
Your better off going to the junker, thats where I got mine when mine split.
5$ woo!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've looked in my wrecking yards locally - the best price I can get is $20, and these hoses are like hens teeth, in good shape...the only 2 I've found so far were in the same shape as mine, covered in duct-tape for the el-cheap-o temp fix...

BTW, My last attempt seems to have worked really well...I used some "Gorilla Glue" in the "rib", and reinforced it with some nylon cord - just let it cure for 48 hours prior to reinstall, and it hasn't leaked yet, in several months...duct tape would always peal off within a few weeks...still be nice to get a good hose, though...no telling when this one'll tear/split again, or where...

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
that gorilla snot/glue crap is great...except when seeing anything over 10psi :( hahaha

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, good thing i'm not driving a boosted car...hehe...if I were, I think I would have tried to find a cheap route to hard-pipe the intake...:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts