Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at work and my friend (female) owns a '95 Camaro 6cyl ATX and I was just playing around by saying that we should race after work. I really didn't want to, but she and her friend were saying that I was scared! So to save face, I agreed to race her. I had my bro in my car and she had her friend in her car and we drove off from work and decided to race on this one road. Well we made a U turn to line up to the light and I got to the line first, then she got to the line. Only prob was that the light had turned green before we could line up evenly and so I was yelling at her to wait for the next light. She didn't hear me and then she hit it. I believe in ladies first, but I didn't want to give her a head start at all! Well I hit it from first, and then shifted to second! My front end was about to where her passenger door was and I thought that I wasn't going to catch her! It seemed like forever, then I hit third and started to catch up. Suddenly her transmission shifted and thats when I pulled rite next to her and started to pull away! @- I then shifted to 4th and she wasn't gonna catch up to me at all. The road was behind these business complexes and it was about a quarter mile. I couldn't believe that I won b/c I have a 4banger w/ a few modes,but to beat a camaro! I thought that they were a whole lot faster! I don't know cause she said that she was goin as fast as she could so I dont know whether to consider this a kill or what not! :confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Stock 3400 Camaros only get about 16.7 sec in the 1/4 mile. I toasted them bad even when my MR2 was stock. I'm just currious why you hit 4th gear in the 1/4 mile. Do you have a low ratio ring and pinion or something?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah ur rite aggied! Very few girls can drive and trust when I say that my friend can't drive at all! Thats why I don't know whether to consider this a kill or not. I did beat her, but by only a car length. Hey Emm! My car is fairly stock except a few mods! Sorry, but I don't know N E thing 'bout low ratio or pinions. I shifted to fourth b/c it was close to redlining and I didnt want to risk blowing something up in my engine just for a race. :p

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well you can say that "girls can't drive" all you want. But realize how tough could it be to keep the pedal clamp to the floor with her AT? Seriously..
And btw, it's not ATX for a Camaro.
v6 camaros, firebirds and mustangs are nothing.. except for the newer ones cuz they are alot faster. But this is the first time I've heard of a 4banger beating one.. but good kill anyways.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Mystere! :D I just want to know by what u meant about how hard it is to keep the pedal clamp to the floor w/ an AT? Sorry 'bout the ATX thing I didn't know!:p Well I guess my 4 banger is the first to be heard of beating a camaro:cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here is what I don't understand about the shifting into 4th gear business:

"I then shifted to 4th and she wasn't gonna catch up to me at all. The road was behind these business complexes and it was about a quarter mile."

I was thinking that your 3rd gear went up to around 90 mph and 90 mph is a pretty high trap speed for a stock 4 cylinder in th 1/4 mile. Whats the "do not exceed speed" for 3rd gear on your car?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Emm! Sorry if I didn't explain as to why I shifted to fourth very clearly! Redlining in my car begins at 6500 rpms and I believe that ur rite about my third gear goin around 90 mph. Like I said before, I was close to redlining on third gear and I didn't want to risk blowing up something in my car, so I shifted to fourth. I have absolutely no idea as to what speed not to exceed in third gear is for a 4 cyl.:confused: Maybe someone can help me out there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
ssaiyan4m was just playing it safe. C'mon give the poor guy a break. :) What I meant was that she has an auto, it that it's not hard to keep your foot on the gas and not have to shift at all. A girl can do that just as good as a guy. :)

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!

First of all, V6 camaros are lunch ATX or MTX for the FS.
second, Mystere is right. how can you say "girls cant drive". all she has to do is push her right foot down and hold it there. and i think when she said she wasnt going as fast as she could, she was lying.

and maybe the strip is *longer* than 1/4 mi. ever think of that? youre right, 90 is about the trap speed for a stock 4 cyl and if thats where youre at when you hit the trap, why shift to 4th? my guess is that no one has taken an exact measurement of this "strip". also if it was only 1/4 mi. long, where are you gonna slow down at? im guessing 1/2 mi.

anyways, give the 4 some more credit... you should see us run against a V6 [email protected]

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Mystere! Sorry that I misunderstood 'bout what u said earlier. My bad!:( I dont think that Emm was gettin on my case bout as to why I shifted to fourth, but thanks for ur support! Hey Stage, I've been trying so hard to find N E thing for my 4 cyl. Everyone told me to come and talk to u about it! I know 'bout the FSZE, which I will buy later, but what mods can I start out w/ that will boost up my performance for my ride? :confused:

·
Registered
372 Posts
I agree with Stage36's thinking. None of us really know how far it was.. and i doubt ssaiyan4m knows himself. And Stage36, do you have 1/4 mile times for the 4banger of yours? I'm quite interested in knowing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
1LOMX

my dad had a 2000 mustang v6 auto.. the 6 i bought was from him, he told me flat out the 6 would kill his stang(which he has now traded for a 2000 jeep):cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts