Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am also new to this forum.. not trying to piss anyone off either.. but i have to admit after reading alot of posts on here doing research on my gt i just bought you hear more bashing on eachother than you do the important stuff. I must say with the amount of it going on it starts to sound very childish.

Im a prior member of starquestclub.com and the diff between this one and that one is night and day. Newbies feel welcome and no matter how stupid your question may be someone is always willing to answer without making you feel like an idiot for not using the freakin SEARCH option. I just joined today and honestly.... im not thrilled. Im not trying to start anything, but as a newbie to the mazda forums i must say MX6.com's membership wont go up much with attitudes ive read.

The sad thing is im sure there is a wealth of info from members on here and im sure there is a select few screwing the website up for others that are truly here to learn and help others.

Reactions: Stealth

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts
If you have any issues with the 1gen forum, PM me. As one of the mods I try and make everyone behave. The sad thing is that there is a good percentage of us that hang out there and have tons of knowledge but don't own the car anymore. If you feel anyone is bashing you, just report it by clicking on this button:
. It is true that we'll tell you to search. As long as you try searching first, you should be okay.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
88mxturbo said:
The sad thing is im sure there is a wealth of info from members on here and im sure there is a select few screwing the website up for others that are truly here to learn and help others.
Hi 88mxturbo and welcome,
I have quoted only that section as i wanted to focus on the positive and not the minority negative members, and the quote is very apt to this section of the club.
You will not be aware at the moment, due to being a new member, that this section of the forum is ONLY viewable by New Members and established members willing to help the new comers without the 'oh can you not use the search button, this has been covered loads of times' types of replies. Once your New member status expires, you will no longer be able to see this section, unless you apply to become a new member helper. The members in this section will either reply if they have prior knowledge of the problem or will go and do the searching for you and post the links to the threads. So as you can already see, there are good people here, willing to help.
As Panther has already said, if you have any problems, contact one of the moderators for that section, you can see who moderates a section from thier names in blue at the bottom right of the screen. These guys are here, amongst other reasons, to put a stop to this sort of behaviour as its not welcome.
You are also correct in saying there is a wealth of info on this site, and there is a lot of threads to wade through, i dont think i have come across a problem that has not been covered, in some part at least, on here, and with a little perseverence you will find the info you require.
Have you been down and said hello in your regional forum ? i think you will find it a totally different place, with people giving you pointers on where to obtain parts locally and even come and help you if you live close. This happens all the time in the UK forum, yes were only a small place compared to the US regional areas, but members are always willing to go help others, earlier this year we set up a weekend meet in which approx 10 members attended another members house and swapped his engine out for him.
This is the sort of people you can expect to find, in the majority, on this site. Please dont let the stupid 'i know it all' members drive you away from this excellent site.

Cheers.... Oddy
<< packs up soap box >>

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you

i appreciate the welcome and reply's and like i said im not trying to start anything. I was just pointing out a few things i noticed. Ive read the same complaints on other newbie posts.

Im not going to dwell on this...like i said im new to the mazda world and im looking for a good home :). I was a mechanic for over 20yrs. now im a locomotive engineer ( go figure ) :) and have knowledge and would love to help others after i learn more on these cars. Im planning on keeping my gt for quite sometime and wanna learn to supe her up some more so im trying to learn on these cars.

thanks again, and i do love the site and will try to ignore the idiots as they pop up. I doubt if i will report anyone unless it gets really offensive, sometimes the best thing to do is nothing and they will shut up. They just like trying to jerk someones chain...

Reactions: Panther37

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts