i gotta reset my computer or smth
please, give an advise

thanx in advance

Mad MAx Mx-6
:p

G

·
Air Bag codes

The code described is the code 34 which means that the driver's side air bag safing sensor has low resistance or is shorted, which disables the entire airbag system. You can't reset this code yourself by normal means. Any maintenance to the SRS (airbag) system must be done a professional. I had a similar problem, but with a different code and malfunction. Expect a diagnostic fee of around $80 :rolleyes: ( if you go to a Mazda dealer), eventhough you know what the problem is. Most mechanics are pretty anal about accepting the fact that a customer knows what the problem is and is going to prevent them from making some money, so they require that you let them hook up the scanner and pull the codes. Airbags are also generally very expensive to repair, so if your pockets aren't deep enough to cover the cost and you are ok with your aibag system being disabled, then there's no reason why you couldn't ride with the light on, but if it bugs you or you a stickler for safety, then get it checked out. I hope this answers your question, good luck.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THanx for an advice, Scooter!

but, I guess I described a wrong code. I think it is 1...,2,3...1...,2,3.
Can you tell me what is that.:D

·
Registered
806 Posts
Well depending on if you have the two backwards, I know the standard CEL codes have a long flash first and the fast code as the second digit.

12 = Low Battery Voltage
21 = Safing Sensor Mounted Incorrectly

·
Registered
90 Posts
have the same problem

The SRS system can change the code that it throws at you so you may have actually seen two different codes. Your problem may require the replacement of your SRS system computer which is rather costly. My subscription to all data says that the malfunctioning piece of hardware should be replaced (SRS components are not meant to be repaired just replaced if anything happens) before installing the new computer or the same code will occur. Your computer may need replacing depending on your actual code. It's expensive. The Mazda diag alone is $80 and they tell you B.S. In my case they couldn't find what the hell was wrong after two visits to the delaership. At that point I lost confidence and have just been ignoring my airbag light. Don't worry the airbag shorts itself out in the event of a malfunction so there's no danger of deployment during normal driving.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, guys!
I'll check it out and let you know how did it turn out})

1 - 7 of 7 Posts