Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey , guys, I need some advise here!
I love the car so much that i don't even pay attention to little things, but it' ll be nice to get them fixed...
First of all my Air Bag light is blinking 1.2.3...4...1,2,3...4 - something in this manner. I don't know what to do?:confused:
Second, my power antenna sometimes works, sometimes not, or just half way...:mad:
Third(that worries me the most:( ) my 5 speed shift knob makes that strange z-z-z-z sound when incteasing rpms higher than 3,000. Sounds like there is not enought fluid in transmission, but everything is OK...I'm really confused, cause shifter is my best friend and you, guys, know how nice it is to @- them hondas and some probes.
Fourth, the trunk doesn't open by the key
Fifth, the exhaust is banging against the body (sounds like my struts are making this noise)
The engine sometimes fails to start rigfht away when just being killed. If I wait 30 seconds it fires up. I even changed fuel filter - didn't help:confused:

OK, I guess that's enough for now, I'll ask more FAQ's later.

Thanks in advance,
MAx

;)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Your problems

1st: For the airbag, take apart the column cover to get to your wiring, you may need to go to the dash, check all your wires.
2nd: Antenna get it half way up and let the car on then nail the sum bitch with WD40
3rd: Shift knob, you probably cracked the internals of the KNOB, nothing wrong with the tranny, roll without a shift knob :cool: or pay twenty bills and get a new one.
4th: Niether does [email protected]
5th: Check your rubber hangers, they are like 4 bucks
Engine, check you wiring and get your rad flushed, if it is to hot it wont immediatly turn over, its called hot starting, and my VW did it all the time:)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx, iansmx-6

as for an air bag light - it's probably some malfunction in a computer, I just have to reset the system. i need to get that decoder to read that 1,2,3...4 blink code.mazda dilerships have it but, I'm not paying 70 bills an hr for [email protected]
as for shifter, i've torn the darn thing apart and drove without shift knob- still does that z-z-z-z noise

thanx for all the advice, later

:E

1 - 4 of 4 Posts