Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in awhile, my airbag light comes on, not steadily lit, but blinking, in some form of a pattern. Anyone know what this means? I dont want to drop a couple grand on a new airbag system, but as long as it doesnt blow in my face i'll be happy. Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the same problem with my 93 mx-6. the place i took it to said that it's something with the wiring connection being loose or the fuse that is causing it but it's not something to be too concerned with. I haven't had any other electrical problems or lights come on other the the parking break light when it's been applied. To get it fixed it's probably going to cost a couple hundred to get the new wiring and everything else with it.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The light is blinking a fault code at you. So basically (although probably not) there could be a risk that it would blow up in your face.

This is a great site to study engine, ABS, ATX and SRS malfunction codes. At the bottom of this page you'll find the SRS (airbag) malfunction code keys.

·
Registered
947 Posts
just count the blink, example, blinks for 5 times, pauses for a few seconds and then blinks 2 more and has a long pause then repeats is code 52, then just look it up on the chart and well thats what it means

PS, next time you have a question guys look in the search tool first, it is the best tool you can find on this site, there is about 300 threads/posts just in airbags alone

·
Registered
947 Posts
93PGT_88 said:
I had the same problem but my airbag light blinked 3 times paused, and than blinked 2 more times and than it restarts. I'v looked it up in the manual and there is no 32???
Umm, well i think you need to search the site a little harder, in about 2 second of searching i found ....

32 - Driver's side air-bag / safing sensor: high resistance or open

also

bookmark this page, it will help you with any codes you may have
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mx6-uk/maint/maint.htm#malfsrs\

·
Registered
18 Posts
JUST DONT CRASH AND THEN U DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEM WORKING OR NOT!!??

Depending on the Code. Its never a big problem. Iv been in a small fender bender with my 6 but befor i got my six i had a 98 ford ranger and i totaled it. After i fixed it and replaced everything. My new air bags would always give that code. But iv had it sense then and have never had a problem with them exploding in my face!

·
Registered
947 Posts
EndersMx-6 said:
JUST DONT CRASH AND THEN U DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEM WORKING OR NOT!!??

Depending on the Code. Its never a big problem. Iv been in a small fender bender with my 6 but befor i got my six i had a 98 ford ranger and i totaled it. After i fixed it and replaced everything. My new air bags would always give that code. But iv had it sense then and have never had a problem with them exploding in my face!
Well when there is a code fault then the airbags WILL NOT deploy.. so you don't need to worry about them going off in your face while crusing the local strip for hotties, but they are a safty feature that well if you didn't need them they would not put them in your car.. so its your own person preferance if you want them or not but the light will get annoying and it pisses you off if your driving at nite alot.. he says "not a big deal". ya i guess but you should still get it looked at anyways

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.