Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a code 13 for my SRS system and the car is overdue for inspection. I was wondering if I can pass NJ inspection with this problem, the local dealership already told me that I couldn't and they charged me $80 two weeks ago for a worthless inspection. They couldn't figure it out and now they want to check it out again and charge by the hour. I'm pretty sure they'll take forever to figure it out and charge me way over what they're supposed to if they were could diagnose it correctly. If I pull the bulb will I pass inspection then or will they detect the problem on a diagnostic and fail the car anyway? Thanks!

-Ray

·
Registered
806 Posts
The SRS error 13 is the air bag circuit or crash sensor shorted to ground. I don't know about NJ, but in VA they have never checked my car out that throughly. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
im not sure about NJ either but i think the guy told you that you wouldnt pass so he can tap your wallet...

if you pull the bulb, i dont think theyll check for codes...

·
Registered
103 Posts
My Airbag has been flashing a code 52 and I can't find in the manual where I can decode this...anyone has an input on the problem...i took my car to the dealer and they told me they can't find whats wrong with it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts