Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone Well I finally found the Air bag module, tucked up under the heater blower unit. The small silver box with a blue plug, in the centre console. The air bag light stays on all the time and from what I can tell that means the module is duff. I have unpluged it ( after disconnecting the battery and discharging for 10 mins) no joy still the same. So I have been trying to locate a replacement with no luck. There seems to be a distinct lack of MX6's being broken, or more to the point post 94's with an air bag.
The request I'm putting out to all you lovely people....has anyone got a spare module or know of one. I have found some on E-bay but they are all in USA and I have to say do look different to the one I have.....
Anyone out there got any thoughts.....
Adrian .

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Paula, Thanks I've contacted them and will see, I'm now in my 11 th year of ownership and generally its been ok. I had to have a bit of rust welded recently and the air con condenser was replaced last year,but other than that nothing else.....except this damn airbag light. Glad to here your car is up together again. I notice there fewer 6's now on the road. In fact the last ime I saw one was about a year ago. We are getting a bit rare..............Adrian

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hi Adrian,

Good to hear from you and glad your car is going well.

Our cars are so reliable ... :tup:

How many miles have you done?

Did not reliase that you bought your car in 2002 !!! Kewl ... :cool:

I bought mine in 2005.

Yep I hardly ever see an MX-6 now ... :(

Take care

Paula

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Hi Adrian. Think I might have one of those in my spares shed. I'll get back to you.
MX6 Addict (Mark) might have one also. He hasn't been on for a while though. I'll try contacting him.
Elmer

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be great if you can help................cheers let me know if you find one...........thanks Adrian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts