Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, one day It's blowing out freezing cold air, and then something solid makes contact with my car at 70km/h, goes through the bumper all angry like, and presumably wreaked havoc with all the air con stuff at the front, before escaping into the woods, leaving a trail of destruction in the form of my poor car.
Well I fixed the rest, but now, It's nothing more than an uncomfortable fan.
Heater still works fine.

Went through the normal checks, Compressor works (revs go up when 'aircon' is pressed) etc.
Just need to know, how do I tell exactly where all my precious gas escaped from?
I was quoted for $90 to 'regas' the air conditioner, but I'm not made of $90, and therefore want to fix the hole first.

It's summer here now, and no amount of open windows/sunroof soothes the pain :(

Also, as a side note, is there meant to be like, some kind of bar in front of the radiator? To like, stop it from taking the full brunt of absolutely any impact that manages to crumple my cardboard bodykit?
Just asking because a mates car has this unsightly telegraphpole-esque bar behind his bumper that seems like it probably saves lives:p (6th Gen Celica).

Thankyou :)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
have you checked all of the lines? most of it will be behind the front bumper, so you want to make sure that nothing is cracked or has a hole in it. it's also completely possible that you've blown the pressure release valve. it's on the very bottom of the compressor, facing down. if it's blown, it should look like there's nothing there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts