Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Air/Fuel Gauge reads Rich all the time. Is it because i connected wrong ?

Thanx})

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am thinking about adding a air/fuel gauge as well. I know you can buy readily made ones from Autometer or get them in kit form from Jaycar. Would they all work with the stock O2 sensor? With no adaptors? This would imply that the voltage signal sent out by the O2 sensors on all cars is the same. Is this the case?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have an autometer air fuel gauge on my car. All you have to do is connect it to the black wire thant comes out of the O2 sensor, but make sure you connect it behind the plug-in connector, do not connect it between that connector and the O2 sensor.
Tate

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
TateEvan said:
I have an autometer air fuel gauge on my car. All you have to do is connect it to the black wire thant comes out of the O2 sensor, but make sure you connect it behind the plug-in connector, do not connect it between that connector and the O2 sensor.
Tate
Why not?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I agree. Why not before the connector?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I e-mailed autometer when I first got my gauge and they said that it shouldn't be conected between the actual O2 sensor and the connector. I have no clue why, but that's what they said.
Tate

·
Registered
38 Posts
What wire should I hook the Air/Fuel meter up to in a 1991 Mazda Mx-6 Non-Turbo? I in desperate need of help.

PLEASE!!!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Tee it into the only wire coming out of the o2 sensor.

·
Registered
110 Posts
af meter childs play

leave the a/f meters in the boxes and return them.they do little and are only pretty lights,they are never accurate.spend the money right and get a egt.this is the only way to tell if your rich or lean.a dattaloger egt goes for 250.00 and nondata goes for 180.00.check with ric at race redi motor sports 210-8248880 or racingmazda.com

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dawes Devices sells a A/F meter. Very simple piece. 4 lights. Sells for 85 i think including shipping. thats much better than the 250 you said for that other device.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i dont think u know what a egt is,if your comparing e/f to egt.
egt stands for exhaust gas temp,it sits in your exhaust manifold and meters the temp of gases coming out of engine.this is a more accurate way of checking on how hot your engine is getting.a a/f meters exhaust gases down stream.and doesnot measure heat.if it senses lean it is usually too late or not enough accurate to tell u to let off the throttle..you are also depending on your o2 being good.believe me i have been through many a tuner cars and egt is the best.
if u are really pushing the limit of your engine and cant afford to blow it up,stay away from af meters.i have a 12 second mx6 and am crew chief of a 10s miata.so i know a little about engine management and vitals signs of engines......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts