1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"UPDATE"
umm after diggin around I found out which wire

use this for reference since its a nice photo

I used to have this hooked up but I forgot and I had a safc hooked up thats why there is tape on the wires

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Umm...please don't flame me as I don't have an air/fuel ratio gauge. But whenever I get one, just splice the wires from the guage into that yellow wire?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as long as it looks likewhat I got yeah dont' cut the wire in half I just took the jacket off the wire that way I don't ever have to worry about the wire pulling off OR you get the little clip thingy that you put both wires into this is the preffered method
this thing should be sticky because i'm yet to see a better picture to work with also.. on a side note someone could post safc hookups on this seeing how clear and nice the photo is

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my picture is easier to see hehe still both are good :tup:

G

·
You have no idea how helpfull that would have been when I was trying to find out which wire to splice into. Everyone posted a different color wire in their installs and it took forever to figure out which one it actually was.

Props to getting a good picture up:cool:

·
Registered
811 Posts
SilverLS said:
good stuff..
care to share what u hooked up the oil temp and oil pressure guages to?
Those two have there own sensors. so they dont get hooked to anything on the ECU. THe oil pressure I just used the sending unit that came with the gauge and put it in the stock sending unit location. THe oil temp gauge, there is a plug on the front of the block behind the front header. I put the sending unit there..

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
anyone evr thought about buyin the autometer A/F O2 Sensor? It's only like $100- that's what i'm doing.

I'm going to weld it in right before the cat.

Adam

G

·
Why spend $100 when you can just take some time and splice that wire? Plus you'll have twelve times the labor in putting that extra O2 in and running the wires.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
yeah, but isn't the a/f guage suposed to be on a sensor that measures all 6 cyl? Pre OBD II Vehicles don't have that luxury.

Adam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts