Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv looked for a few days on what my prob. is and i have found nothing so far :confused:

ok here is my problem..
i just bought this 1995 Mx6 about 2 weeks ago.. the meter is jumping all around from lean to rich like crazy.

when im on the freeway its jumps back and forth i can hear it taping from it moving around. its not digital and its wired to the ecu from what i can tell...the wire runs to behind the console under the radio.

this is my first mazda and im learning as i go.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
If the a/f gauge isn't hooked up to a wideband o2 sensor, then it doesn't tell you much as far as I've read. The regular o2 sensor just tells the ecu if the car is running rich or lean, nothing in between, so your gauge will just jump from one extreme to the other.

If you don't have a wideband o2 sensor then I would just disconnect the gauge because it's not giving you any info you can use.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
If you don't have a turbo, there's not much point in dropping big money on a wideband. I believe the wideband and gauge are a matched pair so if you have the gauge you would have to get a wideband from the same company. It doesn't replace the stock o2 sensor if you have a stock ecu, it would have to be added to the exhaust by welding in another o2 bung...really more trouble and expense than it's worth.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you don't have a turbo, there's not much point in dropping big money on a wideband. I believe the wideband and gauge are a matched pair so if you have the gauge you would have to get a wideband from the same company. It doesn't replace the stock o2 sensor if you have a stock ecu, it would have to be added to the exhaust by welding in another o2 bung...really more trouble and expense than it's worth.
+1 :tup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts