Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The problem with K sports is that they are poor quality and the shocks are crap. Im not the onl one that will tell you this. Google it if you like. My buddy has had them on his car for a little over a year and both front shocks have blown out twice!! D2 and K sport are made in the same facility. Go with Teins. They are a little more then K sports but, waaay better quailty and a proven product.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Ive never seen anyone say the ksport coilovers suck, everyone on here is giving them great reviews so far.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
well have you heard anything about their air ride stuff?
No honestly I havent. Its mostly the coilovers. Im sure you'll be ok with it though. Probably not gonna go tear apart backroads with air ride anyways ;)

Ive never seen anyone say the ksport coilovers suck, everyone on here is giving them great reviews so far.
Thats because alot of the people who have a set on their cars probably dont use them for what they are intended for. Ive seen what happens to them when they get worked...thats why i say, stay away. Oem suspension will hold up 10 times better. If you dont believe me then google searck "k sport blown", you will find some not so good reviews. Im not a hater but, you get what you pay for.

yeah I've never seen anybody say that ksports suck either... what does your buddy have them on? And does he have them completely slammed?
K sports are seperate height and preload adjustable. Running out of strut travel (slamming) was not the problem. You can dump the car and still have full travel. K sport claims that they have had a few batches of bad shocks. My buddy (Dtomashov18) bought some brand new and 4 months later both front shocks blew out. He sent them in and about another 3-4 months later both fronts blew out again!! Lame if you ask me. Pm him and ask how he feels about them.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
no offense but do some real research on them

the reason why you see some positive reviews is that people put them on the car and they like how slammed their car is and it rides hefty but ok. then they go on their home forum and say...man these are great

the few that actually follow up half a year to a year later talk about blowing the shocks and/or having leaking problems

i do a lot of research before i spend anything over a couple hundred bucks...and after a couple weeks of reading up on these (digging here but a lot in probetalk and even in dsm, honda or other forums)...i'd never even think of buying them even for 500 bucks...not worth it

teins are much better for the little more they cost and if you want a real nice setup talk to mike (weaksauce) about his AWR's

edit: to be on topic....i could think of a lot better things to do with 2400 bucks than put my car on a pillow... it looks cool but its such a waste

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
My buddy has had k-sports on his mx6 for almost 2 years, he has had no complaints, i have talked to several people that have had them long term, i do my reasearch believe me. As for getting what you pay for, if im paying almost a grand then wouldnt i be getting what i pay for suspension wise as there one of the higher priced suspensions out there? Plus out of all the suspensions they have sold over x amount of cars they have been put on there are always gonna be failures with them, thats just the cost of a high production product.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Almost a grand for full coilovers is on the low end of suspension price. Tein makes just as many sets as K sports for X amount of cars but, are a MUCH better product. D whatever makes you happy honestly. I know i wouldnt spend a thousand bucks on
K sports/D2s :)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
id have to ride in a car equipped with each to chose.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
id have to ride in a car equipped with each to chose.
The Basic Teins and K sports are basically the same. Same seperate height and preload adjustment, similar spring rates and comparable in price (Tein being a bit more). Only big difference is the shocks. Tein has good shocks and K sports has poop shocks. Even if they haven't blown out. Im sure that if you were to put the K sport shocks on a shock dyno, the valving would be different on each corner. If anyone is looking to buy K sport or D2 coilovers for major lowering purposes then thats fine but, K sports are not race coilovers. They cant take that kind of abuse. Wow i totally derailed this thread, lol. My bad!

Nojjy-Another member that can help you out with air suspension questions (if you have any that is) is Thingsthatfly2. Very knowledgeable when it comes to aibags.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts