Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've had my intake installed for several months. I now read posts about the air temperature sensor that you must put back "inside" the intake pipe? The only thing I found odd when removing my stock air box was this small square-looking box with 3 small tubes coming out of it.....2 of which had hoses coming off of them and the 3rd was covered up by a cap that has a mitsubishi symbol on it? There are also electrical wires plugged into the box.
What is this? On the side of the intake tube, there is a small tube comign off the side of it.....does the air temperature sensor go in there? Right now I have it closed up with tape.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Your profile doesn't indicate and your post doesn't say, but it depends on whether you have a 4 or 6 cylinder MX6. The 4-cyl '6s have an IAT (intake air temp) sensor that you must re-install into the new intake pipe. The V6 model has the IAT integrated into the VAF; when you re-install the VAF, you automatically re-install the IAT too along with it.

That small "square-looking box" is the fuel pressure regulator control (FPRC) solenoid.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
V6

I have the 6 cylinder engine by the way...sorry...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts