Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some reason my air / heat will only blow from the defrost vents, and i took the whole unit out in the dash to see if it was a lose wire and it wasn't any of the relays under the hood, anyone else have any ideas, hate to burden people with this but i'm out of ideas.

thnx a ton

......................... Dev

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
push the button with the arrow pointing towards the face.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The actuator that controls the main vents is dead. U need a new one. Its an electric box that controls the fans for the vents. Go to junkyard or search online for one. Its located on the passenger side floor under the dash located just beneath the glove compartment. Its like a black box or something.

·
Registered
761 Posts
That happens to me too, i just switch between defrost and blowing air on the face, simultaneously until it blows the right way.. pain in the ass tho. Sometimes my ducts get stuck. it may or may not work for you.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
check all your interior fuses. my vents wouldn't change and none of the buttons would work until I changed out all my fuses inside the car

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i check all the fuse's and i took the glove compartment out and the plastic around it to find the acuator, and all i can find is the stuiped acuator that cut the top vents on and off manuelly, can anyone give me a picture of the control unit for the acuator or where the acuator is itself, winters coming around and this is a must fix

Thanks
Dev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts