Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a code 13 flashing on myu dash for the SRS system. Can anyone tell any specifics on this particular code or how this might be fixed. I took the car to Mazda and spent $80 dollars on their worthless diagnostic. They couldn't figure it out after two hours. Anyway, the worse part is that my parking brake light is now constantly on as well. Mazda recommended replacing the computer for the the system? I know this will probably be costly but should I just go along wioth it? Oh and is it dangerous to drive the car around with this code flashing.

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
whoa nelly...

i had the same error code for when my ABS came on and wouldnt come off unless i turned the car off. i dont think you need a new computer. check the ebrake on the back right side tire. mine didnt give me the ebrake light but it stopped my car from moving :) you might have to loosen up the spring that is used for when the ebrake is pulled, tightening the pad to the rotor. did this myself and worked. hmmm....if i knew what i was talking about id help ya more, but i cant. grrr....reply if you try this.
hope it made sense :)

SolarSlash

1 - 2 of 2 Posts