Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.. Well I bought a MX6 14 months ago and a month later the airbag light started flashing for no apparent reason.. I took it to the only mazda authorised dealer within 4000 kms and they told me the clockspring was faulty.. paid for and fitted, the thing was the same. Then they said the Airbag module.. paid for and replaced... same thing, still not fixed.. They had the car for 13 MONTHS!!!!! They say they can't fix it as they don't know what it is.. they refunded the parts but I still didn't manage to get back the labour (about $700 Australian) they say they lost too much money on trying to figure it out.. I'm really angry.. But I'm glad to get the car back.. You wouldn't believe it but they left it out in the Darwin Sun for the whole time too.. :( The paints faded.. The dash has cracked.. Please if any of you live in Darwin.. DO NOT EVER TAKE A CAR TO KERRY'S MAZDA! That's the only advice I can offer you in exchange for any advice you might have. Mazda Australia will be getting another call soon.. I don't think they are being well represented, or are they all this bad? Actually lets's get back to the issue.. Airbag flashes 7 times then stops.. 7 times again then stops.. Any direction would be great as I'm broke :cry:

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
hi and welcome ..

13 months !!! i would be back there demanding money refunded for the labour to pay for the damage to the car whilst in their possesion ! you should seriously look into this !

As for your airbag .. you say its flashes 7 times ? you should notice a pattern .. 7 quick flashes ? 1 flash long pause 6 quick flashes ? 2 flashes with long pauses and 5 quick flashes ? 3 with long pause and 4 quick ? 4 long, 3 short ? or 5 long 2 short ?

this is how you read it.. and from this you obtain either code 7,16, 25, 34, 43, 52 .. to the best of my knowledge, there is no 7,16,25 ..

34 - Driver's side air-bag / safing sensor: low resistance or shorted

no 43

52 - Backup-power supply: voltage boost fault.

If the flashes are very rapid and continious, then all the sensors are disconnected.

take another look and get back to us with what you make out the flashes to be.

Oddy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Oddy.. Just checked again the flashes.. There are 7 evenly spaced then about a three second pause.. 7 even again then the same pause.. Been staring at it for about 20 cycles and the pattern is just that.. 7 repeated, and dead even. They said there aren't any parts missing.. Yeah really pissed off.. Going to call Mazda Australia to see what they can do.. Had enough trying to talk to the dealer.
Cheers,
nostreldamus

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Ok i have done some more digging ..

it seems a Mazda srs code 7 refers to the Passenger Airbag .. do you have one fitted ? and i would start here regards tracing wiring and ensuring its all good to the SRS module. If all looks good, might be worth sourcing another pass airbag and see if the code stops..

I'm sure i dont need to warn you about the dangers of working with airbags, but i will anyway.. these can be highly dangerous, ensure all power is off I.Ed battery disconnected, then handle with extreme care.

Oddy.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
I dont know a lot about the SRS in the MX-6 so dont know if this was fitted, but the SRS system also monitors if someones SAT IN THE PASSENGER SEAT to deploy the airbag or not .. so you also need to look at wiring UNDER the passenger seat, check for good connections etc.

Oddy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts