Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 6's previous owner popped the airbag and din't replace it. i don't plan to replace it nor do i have to money after getting a whole new cooling system. i don't mind not having an airbag but the warning noise is annoying the hack outta me. and it comes on while i'm driving too!!! does any one know how to disable the sound? i heard that i can make the system think that i have an airbag.

G

·
I bought my mx 6 wrecked and didn't put airbags in it either. I put a six disc cd changer where the passenger airbag was, I thought it would be kinda cool. But anyway, does a light flash in your lower left hand side of your gauge cluster? If not, your light may be blown and this will cause the alarm to sound. Mine flashed like crazy and got on my nerves so I took the bulb out but then the alarm sounded so I had to put it back in, I just cut a piece of cardboard and put it over the light and you can't see it anymore and the alarm doesn't beep either. If your light flashes, you may want to check your fuses and make sure that one's good, and also try the plugs and make sure they're properly connected, they're all blue and orange together.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.