Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my Auto Insurance Company, my '92 626 DX has a driver-side airbag.

She also went on saying that in '92 the passenger-side airbag was optional.

Anyone know about this? Is this why the steering-wheel center cover was re-designed in '90?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think they are talking about the next model, the GE 626es with 2.0L 4 or 2.5L V6. They were made from '92 to '94

If you have a GD 626 with the 2.2L 4, then I don't think they came with airbags at all.
I thought they stopped making those in '91 anyway? is '92 the year of manufacture or delivery?

Maybe your insurance company has the wrong info in their database?
Is your 626 a Jap import? or US built?

And the question I really want answered, what happened to all the stuff about your car that was on your website???

[Edited by Panik on 04-24-2001 at 07:24 AM]

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I had thought. I don't know what year exactly the date of manufacture of the car is but I do know that it is a 1st gen of the '92 model year. In 92 626s were only US built. Oh well, I guess I just get a insurance cost break.

Website --

It's still there. Just click the link on the intro page, it'll take you to my car's site. The site is going through a revamp so things are a little flaky yet.

What surprised me the most is that someone actually cared.

·
Registered
167 Posts
it sounds like the insurance company have the wrong info in their database, and they are mixing up your car with the next model.
Maybe the US factory kept producing 1st Gen 626s after the Japanese factory started producing the 2nd gen 626s?
So there could be a little overlap between the models?

Oh well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, if you get a break on the insurance that's good :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked in the owner's manual and it does not have an airbag section. So I guess that confirms the insurance company has a mistake in there database.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts