Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone......be traveling at a high speed.......drove over a small hill and went airborn?, for that 1sec or 2?!?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yes. Right where Lygon St crosses over Alexandra Pde near the corner of the cemetary travelling towards the Eastern Freeway. Coming down past the cemetary, around the corner where the tram tracks are on Lygon St at about 70km there is a slight dip just before the tram tracks and then the tinyest of bumps. Hit that while going around the bend and it felt like the car lifted off the ground about 1 inch and moved 2 feet sideways. When it landed it just stuck like glue and I thought to myself '**** I'm not doing that again'

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
does going over a speed hump at 50km/h intentionally count? heheh

but yeah, i once hit ane of those sand bags on the corner of the road going about 50(it was dark and i didnt see it), my car jumped up in the air about 1 foot, and i ended up about 5 feet to the left. when it came down it stuck and my head jolted somethin hard!

i also heard the engine move around which is what i think farked my mounts.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
When i was living in Newcastle, every car that i had ever owned. I use to take over this particular jump in Mayfield.

I have to say that the best jump i have been on was in Woolongong (spelling). Its like the ones you see on movies, just a perfectly banked overpass for a trainline.
That time i was doing about 120 and prob floated for about 8 meters. When i landed, down came the sunvisors. Ouch.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Not in the 6. My FJ40 Landcruiser use to like flying. There is a track out to Swanbank with 3 table top jumps about 3 or 4m long that she would clear with only slight bruising to my chest.
There's an intersection (Moffat & Warwick rd.) in Ipswich that I could enough air to pull a small "whip" on my XR. I started on a mountain bike jumping it and landing "manual" . Always wondered what the people at the lights must have thought . "****head" probably!

There's an real steep railway bridge in Salisbury that you can get wicked air, unfortunatly for some reason you land on the wrong side of the road, so only at night with spotters both sides.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
all 4 wheels in the Wagon hit road over sydney water supply from Prospect. It's sharp even at 60ks you cna get negative g's
Just hit the sucker hard as. I didn't think all 4 were off but my mate beind said had to be as he could see underneath- his quote when did you replace the exhaust it's all silver.

Mx-6 hm had it on 2 wheels for a short time- corner was a little tighter then expected, I know I was on 2 tyres practiacly as the writting on 2 of my good years were nicly worn.
best one was car was stock, racing to meet a mate at the runs, missed this speed hump - no makrings juast hit at 100k's when the forn came down - I latter ofund the bitumen with grooves and my rear plate over the 4WS was painted silver now it was black and silver. now painted red.

but nothing like in a plane doing negative G's. Only in plane can you feel real negative g's and if it's fast enoguh a few positive G's of course you have to find the right pilot to give you that thrill. Only if we had a Mig 15 or Mig 27

·
Registered
414 Posts
a couple of time, all 4's in the air.

one: crossing betweent comton rd and kingston road, slacks creek (qld) you jumt there preety bad (it not a hill just sh!t bump in the road.

two: Gowan rd (qld ) calamvale. hit that at about 120 and your up baby.. :D but the cops wait 4 you further down to take your 8 points 6 mothns suspension and $700 fine. :D

Fcuking qld roads.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
pupchick, i noticed:
paint black 2pac metalic (after x-max)

i MUST see this when u do it. was thinking of doing this myself, but problem after problem in my '6 deterred me hehe.
ive seen a great 2pac one close to my house on a riced up honda. looked great.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I've done the opposite of airborne, managed to bottom out the suspension hitting a dip in the road at around 140 or so. I think MXChaos or someone else was following me at the time and can attest to it ;)
It's a steep road that you just floor it down, and it changes direction sharply at the bottom to a steep uphill climb, so if you have a lowered car you have no chance ;)

If you want to see jumps though, check out the photos I took of my mate's troopie on stockton dunes :D

http://ribfeast.no-ip.org/jump1.jpg
http://ribfeast.no-ip.org/jump2.jpg
http://ribfeast.no-ip.org/jump3.jpg
http://ribfeast.no-ip.org/jump4.jpg

·
Registered
215 Posts
Go troopie go!! those pics are brilliant :D

I havn't got air yet in my rex but have got very sideways. Coming back from paintball there is a few km's of dirt road with lots of bends. I got scared though at first because of the AWD, it keeps trying to pull you out of the turn. But hitting bost in 2nd the dust flys :E

Except now my engine looks like operation dessert storm :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ribfeast!!!, thats some sick ass looking shots ya took!!!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
here here!

here we are taking about 2 cm jumps, when this guy is taking 2m jumps...w00t :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Thanks guys :D

I have a video of a rex doing a jump, will find a way to link it up here, gimme a few. Have to Timbuktu into my mac :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
ducktape69

qoute:

i MUST see this when u do it. was thinking of doing this myself, but problem after problem in my '6 deterred me hehe.
ive seen a great 2pac one close to my house on a riced up honda. looked great.

i have a friend(well my brother in law does) who works at PPG, and can get me any paint or colour i want. (and **** they have about 100k colours) as for the paint job i have to prep the car and take it to him, and it comes out show condition. (for free) :D

my bro in law drives a lime (new ford colour) et pulsar around brisbane , he got his done there and man it came out so nice..

but black should ber waaaay nicer , besides there is no black mx6 gen 2 around (not that i ve seen anyway.)

i was gonna do it b4 christmas but too much hassle and im going to melb 2 on the 20 or so, so i couldn't be stuffed, but will do after.

maybe i can meet some of the melb dudes there 2.. (im originaly from dandenong 2) :D

cheers,
ruben
merry xmax ya'll..

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
ive bottomed out my car once really bad :( its this corner that u can pick a straight line through... my mate went on and on about how his mums excel goes through there nicely like a rally turn sorta :)
so i gave it a try 70km/h crunch....

not doing that again.

·
Registered
610 Posts
There you go, serves you right believing an excel driver!! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts