Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to all, ok the ? yesterday when i remove my stock airbox from my 94'ls 6cyl, mtx. i found that it have a small vacuum or air line? attache at the backside of the box, i'm installing an custom cai and i don't know how to fix the small line. sugestion? also for what is that line, what it does, can i leave it whithout connecting..

thanks.

·
Registered
921 Posts
WEll there is some line that is on my air intake. When i forget to plug it in sometimes my car idles like shit, so im guessing you cant just revmove it and leave it.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
hi to all, ok the ? yesterday when i remove my stock airbox from my 94'ls 6cyl, mtx. i found that it have a small vacuum or air line? attache at the backside of the box, i'm installing an custom cai and i don't know how to fix the small line. sugestion? also for what is that line, what it does, can i leave it whithout connecting..

thanks.
That small line is a fresh-air intake for the EGR vacuum system. Don't plug it. You can try to locate a small-engine (i.e. lawnmower shop) fuel filter to put on the line or you can leave it dangling and unfiltered.

I wouldn't recommend leaving it open, unfiltered, to the elements because the EGR vent and vacuum solenoids could get gunked up with grime and malfunction. Having said that, the same line on my car has been open & unfiltered for a couple of years now (mostly because I'm simply too lazy to try to locate a suitable filter for it.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts